Telehealth 101: Tips for Successful Virtual Visits
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we're shifting all patient care to virtual visits. The instructions below will help you with this change. If you have any questions, we're here to help at 319-356-6352.
Setting up VSee
VSee is the platform we're using for virtual visits. It's easy, private and secure. You should only have to go through these setup steps for your first visit.
Once your virtual visit has been scheduled, you'll receive an email from SecureVideo Support. Open this email.
- In the email, there will be a question that says, Will you attend? Click the green Yes. This opens your web browser.
- You may receive a prompt that says Download and Install VSee. (If you don't see this prompt, click on the button that says Install VSee.) Then proceed by clicking Download VSee.
- Open the VSee file after it downloads (if it doesn't open automatically).
- You may be asked for permission to send notifications. Click Yes or agree.
- Do NOT log in or create an account. It will ask you for login info or to create an account. Do not do this!
Preparing for your appointment
These tips will help you make the most of your virtual visit.
- Pick a private, quiet setting for your visit.
- If you plan to use your phone as your video device, set it on a stable surface and point it at your face. Avoid backlight, stay in one place and minimize distractions.
- Consider silencing other notifications to avoid interruptions from other phone calls, texts or apps
Starting your appointment
About 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, follow these steps.
- Go back to the initial email and click on Join Session. This will open a new tab.
- Click on the Enter Waiting Room button. It will say Connecting to video conference waiting room.
- If you're asked which application to use, choose VSee.
- You will see a series of questions for setting up your camera, microphone and speaker. Answer the questions as indicated. (You'll only have to perform these setup steps for your first session.)
- A Privacy & Terms screen may pop up. Please read, click Agree.
- After this, your face should pop up on your screen.
- There may be a note that says, Please stand by. Your call will start shortly. If it's time for your appointment, your provider will see that you've entered the video conference and will join soon. (If you've performed these steps ahead of time, you can disconnect and reconnect at your scheduled appointment time by going back to the original email and clicking on Join Session.)
If at any point you accidentally get disconnected during your session, go back to your email and select Join Session. Then wait until your provider logs in.
If you need help
Our office phone lines will remain open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Don't hesitate to call us at 319-356-6352 for technical support or for help with scheduling, billing or any mental health needs.